Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Vegan Orange Cake - Simple.One Bowl.

I am visiting a friend tomorrow and wanted to try a new cake recipe and wanted to try a vegan recipe as well. I was looking around my kitchen trying to fix on a star ingredient. That's when I spotted those big juicy delicious oranges that I had purchased earlier. Oranges it is!
This is my own recipe, based on my earlier cake recipes. Its vegan and one bowl recipe. Now, how easier can it get? I have saved you from washing few extra dishes as well :)
This makes a wonderful tea time snack! And also a great kid friendly recipe.



Makes - 1 loaf pan
Ingredients Required:
Wheat Flour - 1 1/4 cup
All Purpose Flour - 1/2 cup
Corn Flour - 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
White Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 1/2 cup
Orange Juice - 1 1/2 cup
Orange Zest - 1 tblsp

How to Bake?
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
In a mixing bowl, add the sugar, oil and orange juice. Whisk till incorporated.
Sieve the flour, baking soda and baking powder into the bowl. Mix well
Add the orange zest. Fold the batter.
Ready a baking pan either by lining with parchment/aluminum paper or spray oil.
Pour the batter in the pan.
Bake for 350 F for 40 minutes till inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Cool. Slice. Serve. Enjoy.

Notes:
I used orange juice from freshly squeezed oranges. Around 2 to 3 oranges should be good.
Grate the zest first and then juice. Its pretty difficult to grate the zest after its been juiced.
White and brown sugar can be substituted with each other.


3 comments: