Thursday, April 9, 2015

Banana Chocolate Bread - Vegan | Whole Wheat

Banana Bread is an all time favorite in my household. I usually make it for breakfast as it is fast, on the go, easy and overall healthy because it is whole wheat! I just altered my Vegan Banana Bread recipe and made this chocolate banana bread, and it was a sure big hit at home.
My son off late eats a cake only if it is brown in color thinking it is chocolate cake. So I thought this would be a good snack for him and I was sure he would like it as it has cocoa powder in it.

Makes 1 loaf
Whole Wheat (Atta) - 3/4 cup
All Purpose Flour - 1/4 cup
Corn Flour - 1/4 cup
Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
Oil - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Ripe Banana - 3 to 4
Walnuts/ Pecans/Almonds - 1/4 cup, roughly chopped (Optional)

How to Bake?
Preheat the oven to 350.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or foil.
In a mixing bowl, place the peeled bananas. Mash them well with a fork or food processor.
Add - sugar, oil, vanilla essence. Mix well till sugar dissolves and oil incorporates.
Add - flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Whisk well.
Add the nuts and fold.
Pour in the lined loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 40 - 50 min, till inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 20 minutes.
Slice and Devour!

Notes:
Brown sugar can be replaced with White Sugar. I have tried both. But brown sugar gives the extra moistness and color for the bread.
Nuts are optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment